Magnus is excited to announce that construction is underway at our Painesville Township plant on a new lab, management offices, locker room and entryway. The significant additions at the company’s one-of-a-kind production facility, which operates as Hardy Industrial Technologies and Hardy Animal Nutrition, should be completed by late summer or early fall.
Together with other major initiatives, Magnus has invested $4.5M in just the last year in the 25-acre site we acquired in 2007, which today develops and manufactures exclusive products ranging from natural animal feed ingredients, and natural industrial and consumer waxes to customized fatty acids, biodiesel fuel feedstocks and other specialty chemicals.
We create these products by uniquely refining and repurposing renewable raw materials such as domestic and tropical vegetable oils, cooking greases, animal fats and more. Magnus companies are rethinking oleochemicals in the pioneering way we transform secondary materials into superior prime products.
Our new facilities will provide a number of great enhancements and features, including:
- Technology upgrades to our current state-of-the-art lab’s ability to meticulously analyze, test and process incoming raw materials
- System advances for stringent quality assurance of outbound natural products during every step of our manufacturing processes
- Improved capability for creating benchtop experiences in the lab that duplicate and predict actual production methods and outcomes
- Streamlined raw materials sampling that consolidates activities to a centralized area
- Increased efficiency of inbound and outgoing tank truck traffic
- A more secure site with paved parking outside the plant’s operational area
- A newly landscaped entryway off Hardy Road into the facility
- A formal entrance and conference room for guests
- A staff changing room and shower facilities with individual lockers
- A new and improved employee break room
“We eagerly anticipate the completion of this project and the positive impact it will have on our employees, clients and the community,” said Magnus co-owner Eric Lofquist. “The new lab will improve system efficiencies, enhance the quality of our proprietary products and prepare us for the next substantial growth phase.”
Hardy Industrial Technologies (HIT) is the front end of our operation that specializes in refining secondary plant and animal-based materials for the innovative manufacturing of primary natural products. We source our co-products from the most sophisticated, expansive supply chain network in the industry.
Hardy Animal Nutrition (HAN) is the back end of our facility that manufactures and distributes exclusive natural animal feed ingredients for the dairy, poultry and swine industries. As an ISO 22000:2005 and PAS 222-certified organization, HAN adheres to food and feed safety management systems and standards for manufacturing high-quality liquid and dry animal feed ingredients.
“The new construction will further our leadership position in the industry and our ability to create new markets,” said Magnus co-owner Scott Forster. “Along with additional, extensive air quality control solutions, this project aligns with our major investment in Painesville Township.”
Every product Magnus develops and manufactures passes through the lab at multiple points in our refining, production and quality control processes. It’s the cornerstone of our groundbreaking innovations, so we can’t wait to see what an even greater facility will inspire us to come up with next!